Often you need to store data about a product, account or doctor but there isn’t a dedicated field setup for it. You can add Customer Defined Fields to store anything you may want to recall later. Examples may be:
- A doctor’s dental school
- Operatory count
- A product’s warranty information
- An account’s Current Purchase Order #
To add Customer Defined Fields for either a Doctor, Account or Product, follow the steps below.
- Log into VisualDLP as an Admin user then from the Dashboard, click on the Order Management Module.
- Depending on which record type you want to add to, click either People/Doctor, Product Management/Products, or Finance/Accounts
- Search for the record you are adding the Customer Defined Field to
- Click on the record you want to edit in the result list
- Click on the Customer Defined Field tab
- Click on the Edit button
- Click the Add New button that appears
- Enter the name of new Customer Defined Field you are adding. Then click OK
- You now have a new field for this record that you can enter your information into
- Be sure to click save after you have entered the data you want to save with the record.